Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 24, 2015

First Nest of Purple Martin Chicks Hatched! Life Around the Garden

Our first nest of Purple Martin chicks just hatched this week!



Two other gourds have eggs in them.  Here is one of the nests with 6 eggs.

 Here is a close up shot of the perfect little eggs.

The irises continue to bloom now.

We have had an unbelievable amount of rain around here this spring.  Luckily the rain hasn't hurt the iris blossoms like it has the rose blossoms.
 





I have a pair of Carolina Wrens nesting in my Yaupon holly.  Here is one of the parents.  They are both very loud.


My front yard is very colorful now - I'm enjoying it because I know that come summer, only the crepe myrtles will be in bloom.

Mr. McGregor found a bunny nest in our vegetable garden - uh oh.  We moved the nest outside the garden - Mama bunny will have to find another spot to raise her babies.

There were two bunnies in the nest.

I love the pink & purple irises.

I had my son cut down a 7 foot antique rose bush in the front garden because it was looking too ratty.  I've decided I like the less crowded walk up to the front door.

A lovely antique rose bush is blooming now. 

 

 Close up of this antique rose - I wish I could remember the name of it.  I'll update the post if I can find the information.
 

This week the clemantis bush is in full bloom. 






No comments:

Post a Comment