Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spring is in the Air - Mid-March 2015

We have had an unbelievable amount of cold weather including ice, snow and now rain for mid-March.  I'm ready for Spring!  It seems to me that the Carolina Wren who came and sang outside my window this week was ready to announce that winter is over too.



Our peach tree is now covered in big fat buds.

Here is a close up shot of the buds - ready to burst into bloom any day now!

 Jonie is out searching in the water logged soil for bugs - note the Louisiana Iris are starting to come up now.

Henbit, a wildflower (weed) is coming up and blooming in the yard now - this is definitely a cool season plant.  The tiny blooms remind me of salvia as well as an orchid.

 Dandelions are also blooming now.  I haven't identified the tiny blue wildflower (weed) yet.

The true harbinger of Spring - Crane flies are now out and about - I usually see them on my back porch clinging windows and doors.


The Almond tree is starting to bloom now!  I'm crossing my fingers that we have no more freezing weather.

The pear tree is also starting to leaf out now - lots of white blooms will soon spring forth as well.

 Bearded iris are starting to come up too.

And finally, the Daylilies are also coming up now too!


No comments:

Post a Comment